What is tomato sauce?
The term 'tomato sauce' can refer to many different sauces made mostly from tomatoes.
What might be found in tomato sauce?
- Tomatoes or Tomato paste
What are some alternatives to tomato sauce?
- Chili Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Soy Sauce
- Steak Sauce
What is the difference between ketchup and tomato sauce?
- Ketchup is often made from tomato paste
- Tomato sauce is made from fresh tomatoes
How can the quality of tomato sauce be improved?
- Fresh tomatoes make the best sauce
- Do not add too much salt to the sauce
- Do not add too much sugar
What is ketchup?
Ketchup is a mixture of tomato paste and other ingredients.
What is the role of tomato sauce in Italian cuisine?
- A base for other sauces
- Used in pizza and pasta
- Used as a topping for pasta and pizza
How can tomato sauce be used as a topping?
Put some tomato sauce on top of pizza and pasta.
What are some other Italian recipes in which tomato sauce is used?
- Marinara Sauce
- Bolognese Sauce
- Pasta sauce
What is the difference between Bolognese and Marinara Sauce?
- Bolognese Sauce is made from ground beef, veal, chicken or lamb and tomato paste with additional ingredients.
- Marinara Sauce is made from tomatoes, garlic, oil, and oregano.